Presidents Training 9:00am – 11:30am
Treasurer’s Workshop for New Treasurers 1:00pm – 2:30pm
Treasurer’s Workshop for Experienced Treasurers 2:45pm – 3:45pm
Building Rep Training – 9:00am – 11:00am
Emerging Leaders Training – 1:00pm – 2:30pm
Registration is required for all these sessions on the Central website.
1. Log in (or create an account first if you do not already have one) to Central’s website.
2. Scroll down the list of events and select the session you are interested in registering for, from the list of events.
3. Select “Going” from the drop-down menu, and wait a moment for it to register. That’s it.
Central will send out the Zoom information to all registered attendees a few days before the sessions begin.
The next board of education meeting is Tuesday, April 20 at 6:30. REA strongly encourages you to watch or attend. The board meeting information can be accessed here https://www.reyn.org/Members.aspx . Look through and read the policies and plan to attend/watch the board meeting.
HB 409 – Ohio Senate Passes More Covid-19 School Flexibility Measures
The Ohio Senate passed more Covid-19 school flexibility measures supported by OEA this week (12.17.20). The Ohio House still needs to concur with Senate changes to House Bill 409.
HB 409 would do the following:
- Suspends report card letter grades for the 2020-21 school year.
- Establishes a safe harbor from penalties and sanctions for school districts and schools based on the state report card data for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Exempts for the 2020-2021 school year schools from retaining a student under the Third Grade Reading Guarantee based solely on the student’s academic performance in reading, unless the student’s principal and reading teacher determine the student is not reading at grade level and is not prepared for fourth grade.
For a summary and status of recent legislation with Covid-19 flexibility provisions, click HERE.
HB 409 – Reduces Resident Educator License to 2 years and Eliminates Certain Licenses
Before passing HB 442 this week (12.17.20), the Ohio Senate Transportation, Commerce, and Workforce Committee added language that would do the following:
- Eliminates the requirement that individuals hold a substitute license from the state board of education.
- No longer require a separate pupil services license from the state board of education for certain individuals already licensed by another professional board (i.e. school speech language pathologists, audiologists, school nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and social workers).
- Requires the State Board of Education to determine a method to condense the four-year Teacher Residency program into a two-year program, including a timeframe by which individuals already enrolled in the program will complete the program.
For a summary of HB 442, click HERE.
The next board of education meeting is Tuesday, Dec 15 at 6:30. REA strongly encourages you to watch or attend. The board meeting information can be accessed here https://www.reyn.org/Members.aspx . Look through and read the policies and plan to attend/watch the board meeting.